Knowing the past can save your life! Click on cover to get CHASING BACKWARDS, a psychological murder-mystery. What if your life depends on getting into a place that may not even exist, your own unconscious?
Click on cover to get SKIN DANCE, A MYSTERY: Can an LA psychiatrist battle his own demons and save himself and his family from a psychotic killer? Find out in Skin Dance, a mystery
Click on cover to get THE MAN WITH A MICROPHONE IN HIS EAR. What’s it like to be a 1st year psychiatric resident on his 1st day of training, assigned to treat a dangerous paranoid man?
- MEDICATION? AN ANSWER OR A CURSE? by Art Smukler MD, author & psychiatrist
- EVIL IN THE WHITE HOUSE, by Art Smukler MD, author & psychiatrist
- WOULD YOU RATHER? by Art Smukler, author & psychiatrist
- RETIRED? TAKE THE MOST UNIQUE, ONE-OF-A-KIND JOURNEY OF YOUR LIFE, by Art Smukler MD, author and psychiatrist
- LESSONS FROM THE CHAIN GANG, REFLECTIONS ON THE PAST, by Art Smukler
Top Rated Posts
Tag Archives: understanding sociopaths
A dozen years ago, a physician I knew was reported to the medical board by the hospital ethics committee. He was practicing extremely shoddy medicine and exorbitantly overcharging patients. What continues to amaze me is my reaction to him. Knowing … Continue reading
I’m talking about the one with dead eyes who blows someone’s head off, then opens the fridge, finishes off the last piece of apple pie, and carefully brushes away the crumbs with a clean hanky. How can someone do that? … Continue reading
There was a very interesting article in the August issue of Psychiatric Times, “Compartment Syndrome in Psychiatry”, by James Knoll IV, MD. I have spent a lot of time with a psychologist (in prison), which I had never done before … Continue reading