Knowing the past can save your life! Click on cover to get CHASING BACKWARDS, a psychological murder-mystery. What if your life depends on getting into a place that may not even exist, your own unconscious?
Click on cover to get SKIN DANCE, A MYSTERY: Can an LA psychiatrist battle his own demons and save himself and his family from a psychotic killer? Find out in Skin Dance, a mystery
Click on cover to get THE MAN WITH A MICROPHONE IN HIS EAR. What’s it like to be a 1st year psychiatric resident on his 1st day of training, assigned to treat a dangerous paranoid man?
- HEY JOE, SOMETIMES YOU JUST GOTTA DO THE RIGHT THING EVEN WHEN A LOT OF PEOPLE ATTACK YOU, by Art Smukler MD, author & psychiatrist
- FOX NEWS, A SIMPLE SOLUTION – MONEY, by Art Smukler MD, author & psychiatrist
- WHAT TRUMP HAS IS WORSE THAN MENTAL ILLNESS, by Art Smukler MD, author & psychiatrist
- MY ADVICE, JOE — DON’T WASTE YOUR BREATH, Art Smukler MD, author & psychiatrist
- VOTE THE LIC OUT! by Art Smukler MD, author & psychiatrist
Top Rated Posts
Tag Archives: Bullying
Remember the old cliche’ used by parents and teachers to “train” a child to control his anger? “Sticks and stones can break my bones but names can never hurt me.” Well, the theory goes that name calling can’t physically hurt … Continue reading →
I’M GOING TO MAKE A RECOMMENDATION, BUT IF YOU TELL ANYONE I’LL DENY IT — a reprise, by Art Smukler, author & psychiatrist
Ten years ago, a 14 y/o boy (I’ll call him Brian) began treatment for depression and insecurity. Brian was an attractive, soft-spoken young man who was aware of feeling depressed, but had trouble articulating exactly why, except for the fact … Continue reading →
The camp was idyllic, on a lake, cabins scattered among tall Pine trees, with dirt trails connecting everything to ball fields, the dining room and recreation center. There were 12 waiters, 16-17 year old boys, who were housed in the … Continue reading →
Can’t we teach reason? Get together and softly hum kumbaya? Our educators try, but how do you reason with a 16-year-old who has identified with his violent, alcoholic father and now is the father? How do you reason with a … Continue reading →